The Beast-possessed Soul is a horned lupine creature capable of using fire elemental attacks, including fireballs, shockwaves and whips. It can be encountered as a boss in Chalice Dungeons but one can also be found at the bottom of the Healing Church Workshop.
- found at the bottom of the rafters of the Healing Church Workshop, drops the weakest version of the Beast rune.
- can be found in multiple Chalice Dungeons.They often act as dungeon boss, however, many can be found roaming the dungeon as comon enemies at lower depth.
The Beast-possessed Soul's attacks are damaging, but predictable and easy to counter. Its fireball attacks have quite a long windup and can be easily avoided by moving behind the creature, alternatively they can be prevented by attacking it with a ranged weapon. Its most damaging attack is a series of rapid slashes that can inflict heavy damage if the player is unable to escape, it will often end these slashes with a lunging headbutt that can be potentially fatal if the player is low on health.
The Beast will occasionally draw its arm back and attempt to impale the player. If it succeeds, it will chew on them, inflicting moderate damage and also gain an attack boost. The creature will pause and scream before gaining this buff, leaving it vulnerable for a few seconds.
The enemy version encountered in the Healing Church Workshop is initially unaware of the player however it will be alerted if the breakable objects on the floor are destroyed, which includes falling onto them from above. The Boss versions in the Chalice Dungeons can be blocked using the pillars in the rooms. However, if the Beast-possessed Soul grabs players they will acquire a buff, it can destroy these pillars.
- Though it deals fire damage, this enemy is still sensitive to it.
- If it succeeds in its grab attack, the Beast-possessed Soul will gain a buff, evident by its red aura.
- After it has gotten its buff, its fireball can breaks the pillars in the boss fighting room.
- It is possible to stunlock him to death, wherein players knock it down with Augur of Ebrietas, walk up to it, and repeat. However, if the Beast-possessed Soul grabs players they will acquire a buff, and it will be impossible to knock it down.
- The Beast-possessed Soul appears to resemble a mix between the more advanced Scourge Beast, but with the slender body of the male Beast Patient. They then combine all this with the pyrokinetic abilities of the Loran Cleric.
- Unlike the Cleric Beast, the Beast-possessed Soul does not have deer-antlers, but rather horns that resemble those of a ram. This is strange as these are the only types of beasts to have any sort of horns.
- The buff of this enemy resembles the Power Within pyromancy from Dark Souls 1 and 3