|Hunter's Nightmare on a roof near the first staircase that lead to the Nightmare Grand Cathedral|
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Transform||Cleaver, Elongated Whip|
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Radial, Waning)|
|Aux. Effect||20% Serration||both modes deal Serration|
- Hunter's Nightmare, near the spot where the red-eyed Boom Hammer-wielding Old Hunter attacks the player.
- After acquiring the regular version, the Lost and Uncanny versions may be purchased at a Bath Messenger within the Chalice Dungeons.
The Beast Cutter is an interesting and rather beautifully brutal weapon. It can be best described as a mix between the Saw Cleaver (for its focus on Strength and Serrated Damage) and the Threaded Cane (for its unique transformation), although it likely inspired both as it is an older design. It is also interesting that much like the Beasthunter Saif, it too has very low requirements, making it a viable choice for almost any starting class.
While in its regular form, the Beast Cutter will act as a large cudgel with a rather fluid moveset when compared with other mace type weapons. When transformed, it becomes a large, bulky, whip with the greatest range in the game. Switching up its heavy attacks, it performs wide angled slashes to help deal with multiple threats at the same time. Additionally, when in whip mode, it can even stagger enemies with high poise such as the Winter Lanterns.
Despite all these great advantages, players would do well in understanding that this weapon is intended mostly for builds with high levels of stamina as regular attacks will consume tremendous amounts of it with simple combos. The weapon has mediocre scaling even in strength, which it should specialize in, and has no hyper-armor unlike other strength based weapons.
Interestingly, this weapon shares a lot of similarities with another weapon: the Amygdalan Arm.
It too has a regular mode that is a large club and a mode that extends the weapon. However, their differences are very simple to understand. The Amygdalan Arm deals no Serrated damage, has much more overall damage, better strength scaling, and stat requirements. It deals tremendous poise damage regardless of mode and its secondary mode wastes less stamina than the Beast Cutter's. The Amygdalan Arm can neither be infused or buffed. But most importantly, the Amygdalan Arm actually grants hyper armor throughout most of its attacks.
- Every attack of this weapon deals pure Blunt Damage. As such, "Blunt Attack Up" Blood Gems are much more useful than Physical Attack Up.
- This weapon deals Serrated Damage in both modes. Serrated damage deals 20% more damage against "True" Beasts.
- Wielded by the majority of Old Hunters.
- Despite being refered to as a "cleaver", this weapon does not possess any sort of edge, instead it has large serrated teeth that rip apart opponents. Due to this fact it is not only possible to deduce but also verify that this weapon deals only Blunt damage. Which makes it more of a large club with teeth on one side.
- It appears that that this weapon is somewhat of a fusion between the Saw Cleaver and the Threaded Cane for obvious reasons. Unlike both of those weapons, and more to the semblance of the Saw Spear, it is the only other weapon to deal Serrated Damage in both modes with exception of the Church Pick.