- Insight Shop for 60 Insight each, after defeating Mergo's Wet Nurse.
- Nightmare of Mensis:
- In the tower that was occupied by the Brain of Mensis.
- Lighthouse Hut:
- At the end of the cave system opposite to the Giant Fishmen.
- Rare chance to drop from the final bosses of the following Root Chalice Dungeons (can be farmed):
- Rare chance to spawn in the following Root Chalice Dungeons in a chest (can only spawn once per NG):
- Used to upgrade a weapon, from +9 to +10.
Maximizing Blood Rocks
In essence, there are only two guaranteed Blood Rocks that players can find. However, provided they play enough, they can acquire an amazing total of 8.
One must keep in mind though, that this is extremely an arduous process, and not at all guaranteed. Facing the bosses in Root Chalices multiple times is likely necessary in order for the bosses to actually drop the item.
There is a simple thing that players may choose to do, to be able to find 5 Blood Rocks if they make use of glyphs. Simply find glyphs with guaranteed, and easy to attain, Blood Rocks for each Root Chalice mentioned above, and enter said glyph to collect the item.
- This material is extremely rare and finite, so it is recommended that players think carefully before using it to upgrade a weapon.
- Although the previous tiers of materials all follow 3, 5, and 8 patterns, only one Blood Rock is needed for the final upgrade.
- It is the spiritual successor to the Titanite Slab from the Dark Souls' series.