|Max No. Held||20|
|QS Bullet Use||-|
| Sold by the Messengers.|
- Looted from enemies and corpses.
- Guaranteed drop from:
- Purchased from the Bath Messengers in the Hunter's Dream using Blood Echoes (price varies based on player's level).
Blood Vials restore 40% of a player's total health upon use.
Upon using a Blood Vial, players are vulnerable to a parry while the health hasn't been restored.
- Blood Vials are automatically replenished (taken from storage) after dying or returning to the Hunter's Dream.
- The Communion runes can increase the carry capacity of Blood Vials. The three best runes will, in total, add 12, allowing players to carry a whopping 32 Blood Vials.
- The Radiance rune boosts healing performed through Blood Vials by 2%.
- Blood Vials are essentially healing potions, and they replace Estus from Dark Souls, instead prefering a style of healing more akin to the Moon Grasses from Demon's Souls.
- The Old Hunter Trousers' description mentions a superstition that "beast blood crept up the right leg". This statement is very curious, since players always inject Blood Vials into their right leg.
- Yharnamites use Blood Vials and Pungent Blood Cocktails on a daily basis. Packages of Blood Vials can be seen throughout the game. They were delivered to the town much like dairy product.
- The description states that these vials are used in blood ministration. The fact that Yharnamites still carry this is somewhat condradicting to their “Death to the Minister!” dialouge.