|Max No. Held||20|
|QS Bullet Use||-|
| Sold by the Messengers.|
- Looted from enemies and corpses.
- Guaranteed drop from:
- Purchased from the Bath Messengers in the Hunter's Dream using Blood Echoes (price varies based on player's level).
Blood Vials restore 40% of a player's total health upon use.
Upon using a Blood Vial, players are vulnerable to a parry while the health hasn't been restored.
- Blood Vials are automatically replenished (taken from storage) after dying or returning to the Hunter's Dream.
- The Communion runes can increase the carry capacity of Blood Vials. The three best runes will, in total, add 12, allowing players to carry a whopping 32 Blood Vials.
- The Radiance rune boosts healing performed through Blood Vials by 2%.
- Blood Vials are essentially healing potions, and they replace Estus from Dark Souls, instead prefering a style of healing more akin to the Moon Grasses from Demon's Souls.
- The Old Hunter Trousers' description mentions a superstition that "beast blood crept up the right leg". This statement is very curious, since players always inject Blood Vials into their right leg. In the comic adaption, Blood Vials are drunk directly.
- Yharnamites use Blood Vials and Pungent Blood Cocktails on a daily basis. Packages of Blood Vials can be seen throughout the game. They were delivered to the town much like the dairy product.
- The description states that these vials are used in blood ministration. The fact that Yharnamites still carry this is somewhat contradicting to their “Death to the Minister!” dialogue.