|Locations||Forsaken Cainhurst Castle|
Bound Widows are the deceased noblewomen of Cainhurst who now haunt the deserted halls of the Castle. Some are, at times, initially invisible and non-hostile but will become aggressive when disturbed and will slowly pursue the player. Although they move slowly, they can easily sneak up on unwary victims as they are completely silent until they attack.
There are two variations of Bound Widows:
- Dagger- its wields a dagger and often appears to be crying if the player doesn't disturb them. These widows wear blindfolds over their eyes and appear to have had their throats slit.
- Screamers- only appears in a single room. These widows have been decapitated and carry their severed heads. They are incapable of inflicting any damage but they can paralyze the player with a deafening scream that will leave them helpless for a very long time. They have much less health.
The main problems when dealing with Bound Widows are mostly three: the fact that some will ambush the player, how they can become much more aggressive with the Cain's Servant and how great their numbers are.
Concerning the things that players can avoid, the Cain's Servants, that are aiding the Bound Widows, do minimal damage with their blowdarts, but they will make players visible to them from a much farther range and aggro them to their position instantly. It is imperative that players do not fight while they are marked, and that they immediately prioritize the Cain's Servant.
Additionally, the screaming Widows should be killed first, only if they are absolutely isolated. Otherwise, killing the dagger Widows to thin their numbers is the best way to proceed. This stems from a simple fact, as players will likely die if they get caught by the screams of a screaming Widow from being rushed by any nearby dagger Widows.
- They are not hostile towards the player at first unless the player loot the nearby corpse or attack them.
- Beware being hit by Cain's Servants' blowdarts. It will make players visible to them from any distance and cause them to run to the player with much more aggressiveness.
- They are weak to Righteous damage, as they are from Cainhurst, and to Bolt damage, as they are ethereal enemies. As such, the Tonitrus, can shine when used against them. Bolt Paper on a weapon that deals Righteous damage can also be extremely good.
- They do note drop any items.
- The Bound Widows appear to have been executed by the Executioners of the Healing Church.
- The Bound Widows appear to have a connection to Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen. This is evidenced by their obvious paralels:
- both have a connection with blood and Vilebloods
- both lack their husbands
- both have been bound
- Yharnam wields both a dagger and is capable of paralyzing the player