Regular Caryll Runes
The first three Caryll Rune slots are labelled Memory Slot 1, Memory Slot 2, and Memory Slot 3. The majority of Caryll Runes can be equipped to these slots.
- Anti-Clockwise Metamorphosis
- Arcane Lake
- Blood Rapture
- Clear Deep Sea
- Clockwise Metamorphosis
- Deep Sea
- Dissipating Lake
- Fading Lake
- Formless Oedon
- Great Deep Sea
- Great Lake
- Oedon Writhe
- Stunning Deep Sea
Oath Memory Caryll Runes
The fourth Caryll Rune slot is labelled Oath Memory, and is associated with certain oaths taken by the Hunter. This slot is designated for special Caryll Runes called Oath Runes. Oath Runes cannot be equipped to the first three Caryll Rune slots.
- Corruption - oath of Cainhurst Vilebloods, given by Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods.
- Hunter - oath of Hunter of Hunters, given by Eileen the Crow.
- Radiance - oath of Executioners oath, given by Alfred.
- Impurity - oath of The League, given by Valtr.
- Beast's Embrace - changes the hunter into a beast and fills the beast meter faster when using Beast Claw, as well as giving it a new moveset.
- Milkweed - changes the hunter into a kin and gives the Kos Parasite weapon a new moveset.
- Players must first acquire the Rune Workshop Tool, which is found by reaching the end of Hemwick Charnel Lane.
- It is entirely possible to beat the game without ever equipping Runes, they are useful, but not necessary. They merely facilitate combat, introduce new mechanics, and unlock certain secrets and items.
- Caryll Runes are uttered words of Great Ones, which are incomprehensible through human speech. They are metaphorical concepts elevated to a inhuman state, which can only be transcribed to symbols.
- The most prevalent themes between the runes involve the concept of blood, madness, evolution, beasthood (not the status effect), and bodies of water.