The Cathedral Ward is a large district that serves as the primary base of operations for the Healing Church, it is home to some of the Church's more powerful members, such as the Church Giants and Church Servants. Every night, the gates of the Ward close as hunters venture out to combat the beasts.
Navigating through the streets of Cathedral Ward are at time confusing, mostly because it is place that has many streets and paths to other locations, constituting what is easily the largest part of Yharnam's city
This area is often confused with Oedon Chapel, due to the lamp being located in it, having the title of "Cathedral Ward", in reality, Oedon Chapel is a tiny safe haven that is merely a speck of what constitutes the Cathedral Ward itself.
Lamps in the Area
- Old Yharnam
- Hemwick Charnel Lane
- Forbidden Woods
- Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
- Lecture Building (one-way only)
- Carrion Crow
- Church Giant
- Church Servant
- Rabid Dog
- Scourge Beast
- Huntsman's Minion
- Wheelchair Mob
- Large Huntsman
- Bloody Crow of Cainhurst - (only in Eileen's questline in the Grand Cathedral) armed with a Chikage and a Repeating Pistol, uses the Old Hunter Bone and Numbing Mist. Drops the Blood Rapture Rune.
- Oedon Chapel is located at the Cathedral Ward lamp. The Cathedral Ward itself is all that surrounds that area.
- The denizens of Cathedral Ward are, for the most part, Yharnamites and reanimated Pthumerians, dressed with attire of the Healing Church.