Chalice Dungeons are created by conducting a Chalice Ritual at a Ritual Altar. Performing Chalice rituals consume Blood Echoes and chalice materials. They are optional content and act like a dungeon-crawler, with enemies, bosses and items, not found in the main story.
Including the Short Ritual Root Chalice, there are a total of twenty-six Chalices. There are a total of thirty-five named Chalice Dungeons. Each dungeon consists of labyrinth-like "Layers," with a boss at the end of each layer.
Root chalice dungeons are random generated,the others are fixed.
Players are able to co-op in Chalice Dungeons and even share their dungeons for others to experience. Sinister Chalices can be used to create PvP-type dungeons.
Pthumeru Chalice Dungeons
Hintertomb Chalice Dungeons
|Chalice Dungeon|| |
|Fetid Hintertomb||2||Hintertomb Root Chalice|
|Fetid Lower Hintertomb||3||Lower Hintertomb Root Chalice|
|Hintertomb||2|| Hintertomb Chalice ----->|
Hintertomb Root Chalice
|1: Maneater Boar|
|2: Undead Giant|
|3: Blood-starved Beast|
|Lower Hintertomb||3|| Lower Hintertomb Chalice ------->|
Lower Hintertomb Root Chalice
Sinister Hintertomb Root Chalice
|2: Forgotten Madman|
|3: Pthumerian Elder|
|Rotted Lower Hintertomb||3||Lower Hintertomb Root Chalice|
|Sinister Lower Hintertomb||3||Sinister Hintertomb Root Chalice|
Loran Chalice Dungeons
|Chalice Dungeon|| |
|Ailing Loran||4|| Ailing Loran Chalice ----->|
Ailing Loran Root Chalice
|1: Beast-possessed Soul|
|2: Blood-starved Beast|
|3: Abhorrent Beast|
|Cursed Lower Loran||5||Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice|
|Fetid Ailing Loran||4||Ailing Loran Root Chalice|
|Fetid Lower Loran||5||Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice|
|Lower Loran||5|| Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice|
Lower Loran Chalice --------------->
Sinister Lower Loran Root Chalice
|1: Loran Silverbeast|
|2: Abhorrent Beast|
|3: Loran Darkbeast|
|Rotted Ailing Loran||4||Ailing Loran Root Chalice|
|Rotted Lower Loran||5||Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice|
|Sinister Lower Loran||5||Sinister Lower Loran Root Chalice|
Isz Chalice Dungeons
|Chalice Dungeon|| |
|Cursed Isz Gravestone||5||Isz Root Chalice|
|Fetid Isz Gravestone||5||Isz Root Chalice|
|Isz Gravestone||5|| Great Isz Chalice -------->|
Isz Root Chalice
Sinister Isz Root Chalice
|2: Celestial Emissary|
|3: Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos|
|Rotted Isz Gravestone||5||Isz Root Chalice|
|Sinister Isz Gravestone||5||Sinister Isz Root Chalice|
When the player perform chalice ritual to create Root Chalice Dungeons, they can perform Additional Rites
- Fetid Offering : Invigorates the Watchers, making them more treacherous than normal, but also making them worthy prey for a special hunt.
Requires Sage's Wrist or Sage's Hair. A red aura appear on several enemies that boost its owner stats, increases blood echoes when slain, and increases number of items dropped by enemies. Enemies gain rally potential stat, recover their HP upon attacking the player.
- Rotted Offering :Beckons ungodly forces, normally terrifying things, but also worthy prey for a special hunt
Requires Inflicted Organ or Yellow Backbone. triggers one of, or a combination of the following effects: the eye collector appears and summons mad ones, tomb prospector hunters appear, the labyrinth ritekeeper appears and buff nearby enemies including invaders, and increases the chance of getting powerful blood gems.
- Cursed Offering: Defiles dungeons in which hunters' HP is greatly eroded, but what better place to seek cursed blood gems but in the midst of defilement?
Requires Bastard of Loran. The player suffers by only having one half of their normal health. All enemies will drop cursed Blood Gems. Blood Echoes rewards increased by 20%. Increased drop rate for rare items.
There is a boss room at the end of each layer. Tomb prospectors must kill the boss to explore deeper depth The following is a list of Chalice Dungeons bosses.
Traps and hazards
The Chalice Dungeons contain many fiendish traps deployed by the watchers and the Pthumerians, an advanced civilization of distant past. These traps and hazards are designed to repel and kill off tomb raiders. However, expirienced tomb raiders can exploit these traps to benifit themselves.
- Arrows trap These traps are activated by a stepping onto a pressure plate on the floor, causing between one and three statues somewhere else in the room to shoot a fire arrow .These arrows can deal huge amount of damage and easily one shot low level hunters. Side step to dodge. On rare occasion, just stand still. Arrow shooting statues can be destroyed.
- Ambush : a Labyrinth Watcher will pop out from the wall,attack the player
- Guillotine trap: They can be hard to detect as first. These traps can easily one shot low level tomb prospectors. Enemies can be lure to this trap to quickly dispose of them.
- Swinging axes trap: Swinging axes attached to the ceiling, placed upon a narrow brigde. These axes are easy to dodge. However, a ranged enemy often stand guard on the other side of the brigde. If a careless tomb prospector is knocked down from the brigde, he/she will have to deal with many ambushers underneath (ussually Kidnapper and Blood Gel )
- Summoning trap : Similar to the Arrow traps, these sumooning traps are also triggered by stepping on specific zone, oftenly a circular blood ritual drawing on the floor. When triggered ,a group of between two and four Labyrinth Watchers will appear around the player in a puff of smoke and immediately start attacking him/her.
- Boulder traps are nearly always found in T-shaped corridors, and your first clue that one is in the area will be the noise made by the boulder. There will be a loud crash as the boulder drops down at once end of the corridor, followed by a rumbling as it makes its way along it.
- Flaming Boulder traps are exclusively in the spiral staircase rooms. Every time you start going up one of these stairways, listen out for the sound of the boulder rolling down towards you. If you hear one coming, simply run off the side of the stairs to safety and wait for the boulder to roll by.
- Evil Labyrinth Spirit will appear as ghastly smoke and fog in certain treasure room. they can not be attacked and will materiallized and attack the tomb prospector when he/she open the treasure chest.
- Bloodlicker will be spawn in the room after the player perform a Visceral Attack. They are fast and dangerous and infested with Parasite Larva.