|Sold by Messengers for 50000 Blood Echoes after joining the Cainhurst Vilebloods covenant.|
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Transform||Blade becomes enveloped in coagulated blood and is now two-handed.|
|Imprints||Radial, Radial, Triangle.|
|Notes||Continual health-drain while transformed.|
The Chikage is a katana that drains the player's health when transformed in exchange for pure Bloodtinge damage.
The health drain is rather slow and is based on percentages. Meaning health loss occurs at the same rate regardless of vitality.
The Blood Mode deals pure Bloodtinge damage. Bloodtinge damage is extremely powerful because it is a damage type that is neither physical nor elemental. Most common enemies have high resistances against both physical and arcane/elemental. Bloodtinge is something that most enemies only have a moderate resistance.
- Bloodtinge damage can be boosted through physical attack up blood-gems.
- This was the only pure Bloodtinge weapon in the game until The Old Hunters DLC brought a new one; The Bloodletter.
- When transformed, the Chikage's damage is based solely on its bloodtinge scaling. In its normal form its damage is based on its strength and skill scaling respectively.
- Bloodtinge damage instantly knocks down spiders, dogs and Cainhurst Servants.
- The charge attack of the transformed version drains health at a faster rate while charging so it is possible to kill yourself with this attack.
- In a similar vein to Patches the Spider, the Chikage is the recurring continuation of a legacy of katana-type swords that drain the players health, with an iteration of such weapon appearing in all of the other Souls games. This includes .
- Another similarity the Chikage has with the self-damaging weapons (albeit only aesthetically) is that both it and the Chaos Blade from Dark Souls have red ribbons attached to their sheaths.