|Child of Rom|
|Locations|| Moonside Lake,|
Born out of Rom, the Vacuous Spider, these offspring compensate for their mother's inability to retaliate against a threat.
Their heads and bodies are doubtlessly similar to their parent, but both are smaller and with a much less pronounced proportion between one another, while their legs are quite large, allowing from quick movement and attacks, often jumping around to reposition themselves in order to to properly surround players. Even their spinner will shoot webs at their foes, like a proper spider.
The biggest issue when dealing with this enemy derives from the sheer volume of numbers. They deal tremendous damage, but are very predictable and slow in their attacks.
Of note, the most important thing to do is avoid being hit by their extremely high drop attack where they jump into the air and land, head-first into the ground, dealing devastating damage. Another is to never attack it from the front, instead from the side or the back.
- It is one of the few enemies in game that drops Madman's Knowledge.
- Attacking their heads deals very little damage, but after two strikes in a row, they will take increased damage, similar to when a player attacks a guarding Executioner.
- Beckoned Old Hunters often attack these spiderlings first and ignore Rom. This means that it's best to take the children of Rom out fast due to the friendly NPC’s inability to dodge.
- It appears as if the Children of Rom are summoned from the very cosmos, as they drop from the sky, likely beckoned by Rom to defend her.
- Children of Rom can rarely appear as mobs in root chalices, they will only appear on the same Layer as Rom, the Vacuous Spider if she's the boss of that Layer.