"Eye" rune. Boosts Item Discovery.
- Eye (1): +50 Item Discovery - Found on a corpse near Mergo's Loft Base's Lamp
- Eye (2): +70 Item Discovery - Dropped from Master Willem
- Eye (3): +100 Item Discovery - Found in an Isz Root Chalice Dungeon
- Useful for when players need to farm resources like Blood Stone Chunks or Blood Gems.
- To acquire the highest possible amount of Item Discovery, stack all Eye runes and equip the Milkweed Rune which also grants Item Discovery (albeit a minute amount).
- Item Discovery is not always a good thing. Since players can only get one item per enemy death, having a higher level of Item Discovery can actually decrease the chances getting the intended item to drop by boosting the chances of rarer items, thus increasing the potential pool of items. However, when it comes to Blood Gems, the highest amount possible is generally better.
- Master Willem began his research about "beings of higher planes" long before Caryll started his/her transcriptions of the Old One's words into runes. Therefore, it's unknown if this rune was inscribed in Master Willem's brain by Caryll or if it was given to him by the Old Ones themselves or other eldritch entities (as it happens that all Hunters have the Hunter's Mark in their minds with no apparent explanation)
- The end of the description says Master Willem "sought to line his brain with eyes in order to elevate his thoughts.". This fragment talks about the process of gaining Insight in order to "gain knowledge beyond the ken of men" but it also implies in a subtle way that Insight also means "eyes on the inside", meaning in this case, eyes on the brain.
- The Eye Rune is reminiscent of the Elder Sign from the Cthulhu Mythos as described by mythos writer August Derlith (A warped, five pointed star with a flaming eye in the centre).