One of the "Lake" runes. Increases fire defense.
- Fading Lake (1): Fire DMG reduction +5% - Nightmare Frontier, hidden in the cave system where Patches kicks players to the poisonous pool
- Fading Lake (2): Fire DMG reduction +7% - Ailing Loran Root Chalice Dungeons
- Fading Lake (3): Fire DMG reduction +10% - Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice Dungeons
- It should be mostly used when players know they will be facing against enemies that deal pure Fire damage, especially on high damage bosses in the Chalice Dungeons. Otherwise, it is not at all that useful, and should be swapped with something else.
- One of the five "Lake" type runes, they all have almost the same description and the exact same symbol. The other four are "Lake", "Arcane Lake", "Dissipating Lake" and "Great Lake".
- The symbol of the "Lake" type runes depicts a horizontal line with multiple vertical lines going below it, with three lines that appear to have the almost the same size above as they do below. This appears to imply "reflection", but one that is selective. Perhaps the other lines cannot be seen normally. This makes sense as the concept of lake as a reflection that hides things yet shows other is present in Byrgenwerth upon entering Rom's arena. There are things lying deeper than meets the eye.