It is composed of a wide market plaza surrounding a large well; a communal area filled with habitation huts, overlooked by a large Lighthouse; a large cave system where the actual fishing occurred; and a beach on the coast.
There are many mysteries surrounding this bizarre land, but it is known that this fishing village is where a Great One washed ashore on one of its beaches. That Great One was Kos, and it carried within its body, two things, parasites, and a fetus.
Throughout this village, players can observe the degree of decay the sea has had on the village. For instance, corals sprout from everywhere, the water has overflown the village in many places, and either Kos, or the parasites, that were carried by the beached Great One (perhaps even both), have had an effect on the villagers that resided in the Hamlet, having transformed into beings that resemble hybrids of humanoids and fish or molluscs.
However, there is an interesting thing to observe in these villagers, they appear to pray to Kos, and they also seem to be harvesting the parasites as appear to use them as fuel. Evidence for this observation can be seen in that they have plenty of large, explosive oil urns laying around, they use firebombs to attack the player, and the candles appear to be burning with the parasites themselves.
Though Central Yharnam is the name of a lamp, it is also the name of the surrounding area.
Oddly enough, it is possible to see Yharnam in the depths fishing hamlet water.
Lamps in the Area
- Astral Clocktower (cannot return back by walking, must teleport back)
- Bloodied Undead (not official name;the undead man who speaks as one enters the arena of Ludwig)
- Simon, the Harrowed
- Brador, Church Assassin (invader)
There are no summons
- Fishing Hamlet is heavily inspired by H.P. Lovecraft 's "The Shadow Over Innsmouth".
- The Scholars of Byrgenwerth once thought that the Great Ones were linked to the sea. When the carass of Kos washed up on a Coast, the parasites that once lived inside her infected the villagers and turn them into fish Kin. This caught the attention of Byrgenwerth and they sent hunters to raid the village , commit mass murder to harvest eyes. The hunters were Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower , Gehrman, the First Hunter and maybe Master Willem himself.
- It is possible to see Yharnam in the depths fishing hamlet. But since the hamlet has been long sucked into the nightmare, possibly that there are many layers of dream. And as the Cosmic Eye Watcher Badge states "Here we stand, feet planted in the earth, but might the cosmos be very near us, only just above our heads?". This also explain why there is a Snail Woman falling from the sky in Hunter's Nightmare, near the Whirligig Saw.
- The parasite are farmed by the hamlet's denizens for fuel. Many flammable flasks and urns can be seen scattering in the farm, possibly to store up the oil extracted from these parasite.