Hemwick Charnel Lane is one of several districts in Yharnam. Ever since the outbreak started, the number of graves at Hemwick Cemetery has significantly increased.
The place seems to have been locked to prevent the Scourge of Beasts from infecting the area, as the forest at entrance to the Charnel Lane is protected by Huntsmen and Hunting Dogs, in order to prevent any beast from traversing the gate.
The entrance to Hemwick Charnel Lane can be found by taking a right, at the bottom of the first set of stairs, after coming out of the Grand Cathedral.
- Carrion Crow
- Rabid Dog
- Huntsman's Minion
- Mad One
- Hemwick Grave Woman
- Wheelchair Mob
- The Hemwick Charnel Lane is heavily implied to be a large instalation for the purpose of cremating corpses. This stems from several facts:
- the Bone Marrow Ash specifically mentions Hemwick as the place where it was collected, and multiple instances of this item can be acquires in Hemwick.
- the Hemwick Grave Women are all using weapons that directly relate to cremation, such as a the Pole Iron (to tend the flames), the Wooden Mallet (to crush bodies so they burn properly), and the Cleaver (for chopping off corpses).
- there are various small sheds (but big enough to contain a human being lying down) with smoke coming out of them, and there are many pipes that too carry smoke.
- Many flamable flasks can be found scattering the sheds. Probably they are large Oil Urn to fuel the cremation.
- In this area, bodies can be seen impaled on poles and having crows eating them the first time the player enters the area. Having your corpse eaten by crows, vultures and such is called Sky Burial, a ritual mentioned in the Crowfeather Set.