The area itself consists of a twisted, nightmarish version of Cathedral Ward filled with terrors and blood-drunk hunters alike. Many parts of the Ward have been replaced with smooth rock faces, and is full of even stronger versions of normal enemies.
It essentially has 4 landmarks that exist in Yharnam but with different variations:
- Oedon Chapel
- Grand Cathedral
- Central Yharnam's Dark Building (the building that lies beyond the gate in Central Yharnam)
- Old Yharnam's Chapel (the chapel that led players down to Old Yharnam itself)
Though the Hunter's Nightmare is the name of a lamp, it is also the name of the surrounding area.
Lamps in the Area
- Beast Patient (male)
- Beast Patient (female)
- Carrion Crow
- Eye Collector
- Huntsman (Nightmare version)
- Nightmare Executioner
- Old Hunters
- Rabid Dog (Nightmare version)
- Younger Madaras Twin
- There are shriveled corpses of Amygdala laying around the Nightmare.
- There is a Snail Woman that falls from the sky beneath the rafters near the Nightmare Church.
- With the use of Madaras Whistle, the Snail Woman's hitbox will bug, causing her to appear to have ressurected. After ressurrection, she lacks aggression and will not attack..