|Affiliation||The Healing Church|
|Status|| Player Determined (Doctor)|
Player Determined (Imposter)
|Voiced By|| Jenny Funnell (Doctor)|
Lucy Briggs-Owen (Imposter)
Iosefka runs Iosefka's Clinic. Initially, she is very kind and compassionate, expressing her concern to protect her patients from outsiders. After defeating Father Gascoigne, she will become more suspicious. Her voice changes, and she starts asking the Hunter to send more survivors to her clinic (offering a reward for each).
Iosefka wears the White Church Set, lacking only the head piece, and wields a Threaded Cane (with Slow Poison infused Blood Gems), a Repeating Pistol, and she can use two Hunter Tools: the Augur of Ebrietas and A Call Beyond.
- White Church Set (no headpiece)
The Hunter can speak with Iosefka at the door near the 1st Floor Sickroom Lamp. She will refuse to open the door to her clinic, in order to protect her patients. Note that if her door is attacked, she will ask the Hunter to stop. After several attacks, she will not speak to the Hunter at all.
Iosefka will supply the Hunter with a Iosefka’s Blood Vial, as a way to help with the hunt. If the Hunter uses enough of her vials, she will state that she hopes to open the door once the hunt is over.
Entering Iosefka's Clinic prior to the Blood Moon phase, reveals that the real Iosefka, along with all the survivors that were sent to her, were turned into Celestial Emissaries by an imposter, who then threatens the Hunter to leave. Continue up the stairs will result in being attacked.
Entering Iosefka's Clinic after the Blood Moon phase, reveals the imposter Iosefka lying on an operating table in pain. A One Third of Umbilical Cord can be looted from her body after killing her. Because of how she is positioned, and that she drops an umbilical cord, it can be assumed that the imposter was impregnated by a Great One, similar to Arianna.
Iosefka will reward players with items, besides also acquiring some Insight from speaking with her, after someone is sent to the Clinic. The following list is in the order of how quickly you can send them to a safe place.
- Lonely Old Dear
- Young Girl
- Narrow Minded Man
- Sister Adella
- 2 Insight
- Afflicted Beggar
The real Iosefka's dialogue:
|First met||"Are you... out on the hunt? Then I'm very sorry, but... I cannot open this door. I am Iosefka. The patients here in my clinic must not be exposed to infection. I know that you hunt for us, for our town, but I'm sorry. Please. This is all that I can do."
"Now, go. And good hunting."
|Talking to her when still have 1 Iosefka’s Blood Vial in Inventory||"Are you still in need of something? But I have nothing more to offer. Please, try to understand my position. I can only pray, for a fruitful hunt."|
|Talking to her when running out of Iosefka’s Blood Vial||"You are safe, thank goodness. But I’m afraid nothing will change. I cannot open the door. I’ll do what I can, of course. Perhaps this will help you, if only in some small way. "
"Now, go. I pray for your safety."
|Upon receiving the fourth Iosefka’s Blood Vial||"You are safe, thank goodness. But I’m afraid nothing will change. I cannot open the door. I’ll do what I can, of course. Perhaps this will help you, if only in some small way. "
"This night is long, but morning always comes. Someone of your caliber won’t fail us, I am certain. And once the night of the hunt ends, we can speak face-to-face. Then I can finally see what you look like. I shouldn’t be thinking this but I am rather looking forward to it. So please, be careful out there."
|Talk to her after receiving the fourth blood vial and still have 1 Iosefka’s Blood Vial in Inventory||"I'm sorry...I have nothing else to offer you. I will pray for your safety. May light shine upon this night, and your fortunes."|
|Upon attacking her door||"Ah oh"|
|After attacking her door again||"Please stop! It's beasts you hunt. Why are you behaving like one? This can't be the real you. Please, stop...."|
|Talking to her again, but this time around not attacking the door once more||"Are you calm again? Thank goodness. You mustn't let the hunt overcome you. Remember yourself. You are not a beast."|
|If you ignore her pleading and keep on attacking||"You are no more than a beast. I should've known...."|
Imposter Iosefka's dialogue
|Upon meeting (after defeating Father Gascoigne)||Oh, well, hello....Splendid. Let me ask you a small kindness. You're soon off to hunt, I presume? Then, if you find any survivors, tell them to seek Iosefka's Clinic.
Upon my Hippocratic oath, if they are yet human, I will look after them, perhaps even cure them.
This sickness, these beasts, they are not to be feared. This time the night is long. I might be trapped here, but I should do something to help. I'll even offer a reward for your co-operation. Tempted? Well, off you go then.
|Upon talking to her again||"If you find anyone who’s still human, send them straight to Iosefka clinic. You can assure them, there’s no place safer. Please do me this service."|
|Upon talking to her again||"Oh, hello. You made it. Find any survivors? Or only beasts? Tell anyone who's human about Iosefka's Clinic. I will take proper care of them. They're in your hands, and soon, mine...."|
|Upon sending a female NPC to her||"Oh hello...You're all right. Very good. She's safe with me now, I presume you're to thank? The treatment is going well, stabilized, for the most part. Fascinating, really....Here you are, as promised."
"Oh, thank goodness you came....Be a dear, find me some more." <em>*sinister laughter*</em>
|After sending one NPC to her, talking to her before sending another||"There may yet be humans out there. If you find them, send them to Iosefka's Clinic. I endeavor to treat every survivor there is. So please, be a saint."|
|After sending Narrow Minded Man||"Oh hello.....You're safe. What a relief. He's safe with me now. I'm thrilled to have another. Here you are, as promised."|
|After sending 3 people to her||"What would I ever do without you? You're really making a difference." <em>*sinister laughter*</em>
"If you find any humans, bring them to me. I'm depending on you, brave hunter." *sinister laughter*
Upon attacking the door when Imposter Iosefka is there
|"Ahh! Can't anyone comprehend?! That'll be quite enough of you then. Isn't it time someone put you out of your misery?"|
Speaking to Imposter Iosefka inside the clinic after a set of doors before the moon is red
|"Ah, moonlit scents....How did you worm your way in here? Well, I won't make any excuses. Would you mind leaving us alone? Things need not change...You'll do the rescuing, and I'll do the saving. But, if you refuse to leave...
Ah, well...I always wanted to try my hand on a hunter..." <em>*sinister laughter*</em>
If you ignore Imposter Iosefka's warning and enter the room she is located in
|"This won't hurt a bit...I'll soon have you right as rain...Hush, hush....Stay still....This won't hurt a bit... I'll soon have you right as rain...Just.....Die... ...ENOUGH OF YOU!!! Now, stop that"|
|Upon killing her before blood moon||"Curse this oblivious fool..." *painful moans*|
|If she kills you||*excited sinister laughter* "Oh, how exciting! I've never worked on a hunter before..."|
|Speaking to her after deciding not to make her hostile||"Oh, hello... Still alive, are you? I need more patients... There aren't many humans left, I know, but find me every last one you can. We must find a way. To surpass our own stupidity. You're one of the bright ones. Don't you see how much this means?" <em>*sinister laughter* </em>"
If you find any humans, bring them to me. I'm depending on you, brave hunter."
|After sending Afflicted Beggar to her||"Oh hello....You're alive. Good. I've received another patient. This time, I'll be trying old blood. I've achieved much. And I owe it all to you. Take this, as thanks."
Custom made. And cheers, to the discovery of kinship. Doesn't it make you feel warm inside? *sinister laughter*
[If you haven't sent every single NPC to Iosefka's Clinic]
"Please....find me some more. I'm depending on you, brave hunter." <em>*sinister laughter*</em>
After you've sent every single NPC to Iosefka's Clinic:
|"Oh hello....You're still alive. But I suppose we're nearing the end. I don't imagine there are any left who haven't turned by now. Tragic, really, but what's to be done...."|
Speaking to Iosefka inside the clinic (during Blood Moon)
|"God I'm nauseous... Have you ever felt this? It's progressing. I can see things... I knew it, I'm different. I'm no beast... I... Oh... God, it feels awful... but, it proves that I'm chosen. Don't you see? How they writhe, writhe inside my head... It's... rather... rapturous...'' [Pained yet still Sinister Laughter]|
Doctor Iosefka (transformed)
- If players wish to encounter the secret boss yet seek the best rewards despite it, it might be more useful to kill Iosefka before the Blood Moon rises as it grants a good rune. All other Third Umbilical Cords can be acquired with relative ease, and since there's a maximum of four, yet, only three are needed, this may be the best course of action.
- Imposter Iosefka's voice actor also voiced Anri of Astora in Dark Souls 3
- One of the Celestial Minion in Iosefka's Clinic drops Iosefka’s Blood Vial upon death. Maybe it is the real Iosefka, still waiting for the Hunter.
- Iosefka's Threaded Cane is actually infused with a blood gem that grants her Slow Poison attack.
- The Blue Elixir description states "Dubious liquid medicine used in strange experiments conducted by high ministers of the Healing Church" . The imposter Iosefka also has a Augur of Ebrietas and A Call Beyond . Possibly the imposter is a high ranking member of the Choir. She went to Iosefka's Clinic where there is sufficient facility for researching after Upper Cathedral Ward had lost to the Beasts (evident by the 3 Scourge Beasts running around).
- If the player attacks the doorway enough to make Iosefka leave, there is a bug that causes her to completely disappear when entering the clinic through the backdoor prior to defeating Rom. However, she will reappear after one defeats Rom, sitting on the autopsy table like normal.
- Many players believe that the imposter Iosefka was pregnant during Blood Moon phase, like Arianna. But while the Third Umbilical Cord of Arianna's child describes her situation, the cord possessed by Imposter Iosefka states "Provost Willem sought the Cord in order to elevate his being and thoughts to those of a Great One, by lining his brain with eyes. The only choice, he knew, if man were to ever match Their greatness." No mention of Iosefka's Imposter. No mention of her being impregnated by a Great One. This Cord only mentions Willem, and what he sought to elevate his mind. This suggest that the imposter Iosefka, along with Yurie and some surviving members of the Choir went to Byrgenwerth in search of the cord and the imposter took Iosefka's clinic because the Upper Cathedral Ward has fallen to the beast.
- The real Iosefka might be a member of the School of Mensis who had a change of heart. Leaving the Unseen Village she founded a clinic in the heart of Central Yharnam outside the spheres of influence of the Healing Church. She obviously understands Blood Ministration to the point where she was able to open up this large clinic near the heart of the city. Perhaps the blood mixture she created was so potent that the School of Mensis used it, thus a chest with one in ended up in the Nightmare of Mensis.
- The body in Forbidden Woods, just outside the underground passage to Iosefka's Clinic (from which the Hunter collects the White Church Set) might be a colleague of the real Iosefka who managed to flee to the woods but was killed by the woods inhabitant in the end.
- The real Iosefka was honest about her patients. There are several Celestial Minions wandering aimlessly in the underground passage, which suggests that they were the former patients of the real Iosefka who were experimented on by the imposter.
- A dead body of a Celestial Emissary with a human hand can be seen at the clinic as well, this, along with the imposter dialogue "And cheers, to the discovery of kinship" further imply that the dead bodies found in underground passage were also the former patients of the real Iosefka. They were experimented on by the imposter but failed to ascend to Kin and thus dying.