|Keeper of the Old Lords|
|Locations|| Central Pthumerian Labyrinth (Boss)|
Cursed Pthumerian Defilement(Boss)
Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth (Enemy)
Cursed Pthumerian Defilement (Enemy)
Lower Loran (Enemy)
Isz Gravestone (Enemy)
|Drops|| Central Pthumeru Root Chalice|
Cursed Sharp Damp Blood Gem (5)
Granted eternal life by the ones she obeys, the Keeper of the Old Lords protects the slumbering Great Ones.
She wears the Bone Ash Set, and she not only an agile swordswoman, but also at great pyromancy, imbuing her blade with fire and manipulating it to burn her foes with impunity.
Players can encounter her in the Chalice Dungeons, as a boss or an NPC enemy.
The Keeper of the Old Lords fights similar to an NPC hunter although she utilizes several fire spells in addition to her regular attacks. Most of these spells can be easily dodged by evading away or behind the Keeper but she will occasionally use an AOE spell if the player tries to remain behind her too long. Although she can be staggered by repeated attacks, she recovers very quickly and will retaliate with several rapid slashes so it is recommended to use hit and run tactics against her.
The Keeper will infuse her sword with fire when it reaches 70% health. She will become more aggressive, actively chasing the player and her sword combos become longer, which can be very dangerous if she manages to corner the player. She also becomes much more evasive and will frequently dodge projectile weapons.
A cheese is possible where the player knock her down with an Augur Of Ebrietas, walk to her, and repeat.
The enemy version of the Keeper behaves identically to the boss version except she is unable to buff her weapon.
She is always accompanied by two Keeper's Hunting Dogs and will use them to distract the player whilst she attacks with her fire from a distance. It is recommended to use ranged attacks to lure the dogs away from the Keeper before engaging her in combat. The Keeper of the Old Lords is resistant to fire and bolt attacks but is weak against arcane damage.
She is also weak to poison and very vulnerable to parries and visceral attacks.
- Defeating the boss version will unlock the Bone Ash Set at the Insight Bath Messenger.
- She is extremely weak to Arcane damage.
- The enemy variant of the Keeper will always be accompanied by two Keeper's Hunting Dogs.
- It is possible to shoot or hit the Keeper once to trigger her dual attack into a backstep. During this dual attack she becomes extremely susceptible to being parried. It is entirely possible to beat the boss variant of the Keeper without her even leaving the first phase, using this method.
- The enemy version has a masculine voice when she dies.
- It seems interesting that the Keeper not only has an appearance of a Witch, with an obviously inspired witch's hat and black dress, but that she also is a pyromancer. This appears to be a nod to the Dark Souls series, where witches are heavily associated with fire, and pyromancy; namely the Witch of Izalith.
- Furthermore, the Bone Ash Mask displays 8 eyes, the Keeper herself wields a scimitar, or, in other words, a "Curved Sword", which she then sets aflame, and finally, she is encountered only in the Chalice Dungeons, below the very city of Yharnam. So, the Keeper is a woman, a witch, a pyromancer, has a flaming scimitar, and possesses 8 eyes (which are simbolic of spiders), and resides in the depths beneath a city. The Keeper is quite possibly a reference to Quelaag.