A "Lake" runes. Increases defense.
- Lake (1): Phys. DMG reduction +3%:
- Hemwick Charnel Lane: Found on a cliff edge of the bridge at the Hemwick Crossing.
- Lake (2): Phys. DMG reduction +5%:
- Cursed and Defiled Root Chalice Dungeon.
- Lake (3): Phys. DMG reduction +7%:
- Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice Dungeon.
- A decent and versatile rune that can prove useful no matter where the player is.
- Lake is the original of the five "Lake" type runes. They all have almost the same description and the exact same symbol. The other four are "Arcane Lake", "Fading Lake", "Dissipating Lake", and "Great Lake".
- The symbol of the "Lake" type runes depicts a horizontal line with multiple vertical lines going below it, with three lines that appear to have the almost the same size above as they do below. This appears to imply "reflection", but one that is selective. Perhaps the other lines cannot be seen normally. This makes sense as the concept of lake as a reflection that hides things yet shows other is present in Byrgenwerth upon entering Rom's arena. There are things lying deeper than meets the eye.