|Locations|| Chalice Dungeons|
|Drops||Pthumeru Root Chalice|
Watchers are overweight, pudgy, extremely pale Pthumerians who wield a variety of weapons, ranging from firearms to heated blunt objects and lamps. They will sometimes be covering some areas in cloth. Wrapped with chains for an unseen reason, some watchers have face covering cloth and sometimes take the appearance of a hunting party.
There's 5 variants of Merciless Watcher, these variants are:
- Merciless Watchers armed with a Club & Lantern are the first variant. These Merciless Watchers are slow and will use purely melee attacks with long build ups.
- Merciless Watchers armed with a blunderbuss & Lantern are the second variant. They will mostly attack from range, when their heath is low enough they will draw out a Club and will focus more on melee attacks.
- Merciless Watchers armed with a saw are the third variant. Unlike the first two variants, these watchers wear cloth that covers some of their face. They are mostly like the first variant, but with few new attacks and more heath.
- Merciless Watchers armed with a Heated Club & Lantern are the fourth variant. Like the third variant this watcher wear cloth that covers some of their face. These Merciless Watchers are the weakest variant of Merciless Watcher. Their attacks are quite fast and their Heated Club deals fire damage.
- And last the final variant, Merciless Watchers armed with a mace. Unlike all the other Watchers these Merciless Watchers will wear nothing but a pair of shoes. These Watchers will roll continuously when in combat, making them very erratic and fast. This variant of Merciless Watcher is the most dangerous variant because their erratic movement and high damage output.
- Pthumerian Labyrinth (Pthumeru Chalice)
- Central Pthumerian Labyrinth
- Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth
- Cursed Pthumerian Defilement
- Pthumeru Ihyll
- Can be found in all Pthumerian root dungeons
Club & Lantern variant
Merciless Watchers armed with an Club & Lantern use purely melee attacks. They use a variety of combos, almost all with a slow build-up, making them easy to parry. While their club attacks are slow, swings from their lanterns are not, and they can hit you almost instantly during their Club & Lamp Combo so be careful if you're standing within the lantern's range.
Merciless Watchers armed with a saw will act most like the first variant, the differences are that their attacks are faster (but not by that much), so their attacks are little more harder to parry and they deal more damage, also they have more heath then the Club & Lantern variant
Blunderbuss & Lantern variant
Merciless Watchers armed with an blunderbuss & Lantern are the most easiest variant to deal with, they can be attacked carelessly as the shots from their firearm glance over the Hunter's head, when they attack with their Lantern it will deal a small amount of damage, that damage can be ignored as the "Rally" system will allow the player to recover any lost health provided you continue to attack, when the blunderbuss Watcher has low enough heath they will replace their blunderbuss with an Club, when they do this they will act much like the Club & Lantern variant, the only difference is if you back away from them when they replace their blunderbuss with an Club they will put away their Club and draw back out their blunderbuss.
Heated Club & Lantern variant
Merciless Watchers armed with an Heated Club & Lantern, this variant share's all of the same attacks as the normal Club & Lantern variant, but with a few extra moves in their move set, they inflict far less damage when compared to other variants of Merciless Watcher, even with the added fire effect on their club, they will mostly Jab at the hunter with their Heated Club, they will also Double Jab, and after each jab they will momentarily hold their club outward to bait the player into walking into its scorching base. their Jabs can easily stagger the player, normally the best way to deal with them is to rush them.
Merciless Watchers armed with a mace are the most deadly variant, this variant move around much more erratically than the others, and will roll continuously when in combat, only leaving themselves open during the recovery periods after their swings. They can be parried and staggered, but doing so is extremely difficult owing to their swift attacks and constant rolling.
This fight involves three enemies; two Merciless Watchers, and one Watcher Chieftain.
One of the Merciless Watchers wields a Cleaver, and mainly uses it to repeatedly jab the Hunter, but also uses a slashing attack. This Watcher can usually be distinguished by a cloth covering his face and will also chase the player down. The other Merciless Watcher uses a pistol blunderbuss and shoots from a medium distance, attacking him up close causes him to use his Lantern. The Watcher Chieftain wields a curved-bone Club and a Lantern.
It is recommended to take out the melee enemies first, while taking cover from the other's Blunderbuss. The Watchers are very vulnerable to Visceral Attacks.
The Merciless Watcher employing the blunderbuss can be attacked almost risk free as the shots from his firearm glance over the Hunter. After sustaining multiple hits from the Hunter, he will attempt to attack with his lantern. This should be ignored as the games "Regain" system will allow the player to recover any lost health provided you continue to attack.
- Merciless Watchers are usually encountered as regular enemies, often guarding treasure chests and levers.
VideoMerciless Watcher Saw Spear Tactic.