The Nightmare Frontier is a realm linked to the Nightmare, ruled by Amygdala. The area is strewn with graves and jagged rocks, in the distance only white mist and pillars can be seen.
Patches the Spider can be seen waiting on a cliff, once the Hunter approaches the Shining Coins or loot. A cutscene will trigger where he pushes the Hunter off the cliff and into the poison valley. Although he can be shot down the cliff using the monocular beforehand, the cutscene will still trigger, resulting in the Hunter being pushed off the cliff.
NPCs in the Area
- Bell-ringing woman (PVP version)
- Crawler (large and small variants)
- Giant Lost Child
- Hunter of Despair - armed with Hunter Axe + Hunter Pistol + Torch
- Hunter of Despair - armed with Threaded Cane + Hunter Blunderbuss
- Wandering Nightmare (large and small variants)
- Wandering Nightmare
- Winter Lantern
- The Nightmare Frontier is incredibly rich in (Fortification) Materials as it has a high number of Wandering Nightmares roaming around it. Beware though, as it is also home to a larger and aggressive type of Wandering Nightmare, capable of knocking players away from it with a strike of hits.
- Though this area is full of tunnels, it is fairly linear. It is also easy to get lost if you don’t stick to the main path.
- It is believed that the Nightmare Frontier is based on the land of Ailing Loran. This stems from multiple facts: