|Old Hunter Bone|
|Max No. Held||1|
|Usage Type||Unlimited Use|
|QS Bullet Use||4|
|Abandoned Old Workshop - On the grave next to the door that leads to the Memory Altar.|
- Abandoned Old Workshop
- On the grave outside the workshop.
This Hunter Tool is one devoted to versatility in combat, both as a defensive and offensive option, since it effectively increases both the distance of dashes and rolls, and reduces the recovery between dodges. It has one added effect which causes users to briefly vanish in smoke before reappering at the end of the dodge.
These traits allows Old Hunter Bone users to be much more aggressive during one-on-one combat, and better survivability when outnumbered, by reducing the time that they are exposed to enemies, both visually and in "invincibility frames".
- This Hunter Tool can be very powerful when paired with weapons that are quick to attack as it provides minimal visual response to pvp players.
- The Old Hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare are able to utilize the Art of Quickening, thus having visually the same effect as the Old Hunter Bone.
- The Bloody Crow of Cainhurst will repeatedly use this Hunter Tool in combat to great and deadly effect.
- The reason why Gehrman and Maria don't use this hunter tool, is that, as the first hunters, they are practioners of the Art of Quickening. After all, the only reason why the player character can even perform this ancient art is by carrying the bone of one who knew how to do it.
- The Simpleton's Ring in Dark Souls 2 likely inspired both the Old Hunter Bone and the Art of Quickening.
- It is a widely accepted theory that the Old Hunter Bone is in fact a bone of Lady Maria.
- The gravestone where this item is placed is the same one The Doll is seen praying to once in the Hunter's Dream.
- The gravestone where it is located is also the gravestone the teleports the Hunter to the Hunter's Nightmare in The Old Hunters DLC from the Hunter's Dream.
- The original japanese text says "その狩人" meaning "that hunter" without a gender-specific pronoun. So it could be that translators made a mistake, and that the bone is referring to Maria as the "apprentice of old Gehrman".
- In the early version of bloodborne, the "Old Hunter Bone" was going to be originally called "Double Accelerator"
- It functions identically to the retail version, but has a red particle effect when used and makes no sound.
gifs/images taken of the early version Old Hunter Bone are taken by Meph, here's a link to her wiki