The Origin acts as a class system in Bloodborne. It's a description of the character's background, but more importantly it's a preset stat build which allows the player to customize their character based on a preferred play style. There are nine possible Origins to choose from during character creation.
- Ordinary, happy upbringing. All attributes average. (Warrior equivalent)
- Lone survivor of lost hamlet. High life essence and vigor. (Knight equivalent)
- Suffered misfortune in youth. Highly resilient as a result. (Hunter equivalent)
- Terribly violent past. Rash, but stronger for it. (Dark Souls 1 Bandit equivalent)
- Born specialist, fit for sleuthing or academia. (Thief equivalent)
- Experienced in war. A soldier with strength and skill. (Bandit equivalent - Dark Souls 1 & 2 combined)
- Scion to a respectable line with faith in your pedigree. (Wanderer/Cleric equivalent)
- Faced terrible hardships, but now confident in your purpose. Starts with highest Discovery stat. (Explorer/Sorcerer equivalent)
Waste of Skin
- You are nothing. Talentless. You shouldn't have been born.  (Deprived equivalent)
|Waste of Skin||4||10||10||9||10||9||7||9|
- The stat total for each of the currently known Origins totals to 60, with the exception of the "Waste of Skin" origin, which totals to 54
- Waste of Skin puts players at a large statistical disadvantage compared to other origins, creating a more challenging experience for the player in early sections of the game. But it is also considered the most customizable class, since you can assign your points yourself from an earlier level it allows for greater specialization.
- The Military Veteran is considered a great class for begginers as it allows players to a wield a vast selection of weaponry from the beggining of the game, while focusing stat investment mostly on Vigor or Endurance.
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/bloodborne-exploring-its-vast-character-creator-ign-first?watch
- ↑ http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/837063-a-guide-to-choosing-your-starting-class-and-weapons-in-bloodborne
- ↑ http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/14/is-bloodborne-not-ruthless-enough-for-you-you-can-gimp-yourself-badly-before-you-even-start/