Rapid Poison is quite a misleading status effect, as most players would, from common sense, expect it to be simply a stronger version of Slow Poison. This, however, is not the case.
The way it works is quite simple. Once Rapid Poison is triggered, the player instantly loses a set percentage of health. This can lead to instantaneous death if the health is low enough.
The HP loss is equal across all sources of Rapid Poison, with exception to the ones that are inflicted by the NPC Hunters. Below is the equation how it works:
- Normal Rapid Poison - 250pt+3%
- Hunter Rapid Poison - 100pt+10%
pt = flat points of damage. % = percentage in reference to a player's total health.
Sources of Rapid Poison
Resisting Rapid Poison
The following items will aid in resisting Rapid Poison.
- For the most players who wish to resist any kind of Poison, they should wear attire that belongs to the Healing Church.
- There are two types of poison, Rapid, and Slow Poison. In-game, they can be told apart by their color. Rapid Poison is red, Slow Poison is purple.
- The Chikage is the only weapon in game to deal innate Rapid Poison damage. The only other mean of dealing Rapid Poison is to equip Murky Blood Gems that boost Rapid Poison on weapons.
- The mechanic of rapid poison might refer to the body-bursting poison in H.P. Lovecraft's fiction " The curse of Yig" - " The poison had rotted the flesh and swelled the whole corpse, and in the end the bloated thing had burst horribly—burst horribly with a detestable popping noise."