| Sold by Messengers for 4000 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Powder Keg Hunter Badge.|
Old Yharnam corpse.
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Triangle, Radial)|
- Found on a corpse in Old Yharnam.
- Purchased from the Bath Messengers for 4000 Blood Echoes, after obtaining the Powder Keg Hunter Badge.
The Rifle Spear is a Trick weapon that is one of the few who specializes in almost pure Thrust attacks.
When untransformed, it truly is but a spear. Almost all attacks are thrusts, with the exception of the rolling attack, which is a slice, and the backstep/running strong attacks, which deal blunt damage.
When transformed, the player will cock back the blade of the Rifle Spear, and it will assume the shape of a long rifle with a large bayonet. The player will two-hand the weapon at this point.
The Rifle Spear now assumes a moveset more reminiscent to that of a Halberd, with somewhat delayed slashes and with worse range. The rolling attack is now a thrust, both running/backstep strong attacks are still blunt, and yet, the charged attack of this weapon is now incredibly powerful. The charged attack is a heavy thrust, that covers a lot of ground, as the wielder charges towards their enemies to skewer them, this is a great move that can actually catch multiple opponents easily, provided they all line up neatly. Best used in hallways or against slow crowds of enemies.
Despite the weapon being two-handed, the wielder still has the same options as usual since now the weapon can also fire like a blunderbuss.
The transformation attacks are decent, the best being the one that goes from spear to rifle with bayonet, as it is an extremely fast transition that can parry lightning quick. The other is a very delayed slash which covers a lot of ground, timing and care is required so as to not be caught in the act.
This weapon, due to its nature as spear/halberd hybrid, is terrible against multiple opponents, and should be used against single opponents. It also is especially good at dealing with the Kin since it has so many quick thrust attacks that area easily spammable, but being precise with its attacks should be key as thrust are easy to miss an opponent.
- This is one of only 3 weapons which transform into firearms, the other two being the Reiterpallasch, and Simon's Bowblade.
- Unfortunately, this weapon can neither be buffed through the use of Bolt/Fire Papers, not when transformed into a rifle with Bone Marrow Ash.
- It is mentioned in the description that the Powder Kegs based their design from an old lost weapon which belonged to Cainhurst, this weapon is likely the Reiterpallasch. What further supports this theory is the animation and sound effects used for the animation of both weapons, they are identical.