| Sold by the Bath Messengers for 4,000 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Powder Keg Hunter Badge.|
Old Yharnam corpse.
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Triangle, Radial)|
- Found on a corpse in Old Yharnam.
- Purchased from the Bath Messengers for 4,000 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Powder Keg Hunter Badge.
The Rifle Spear is a Trick Weapon that primarily utilizes thrust attacks. While not transformed, it is a nondescript spear that almost exclusively uses thrust attacks, with the exception of a few moves. However, the Rifle Spear, while untransformed, possesses limited combos. While transformed, the rifle blade is cocked back and the barrel of a rifle is revealed, while the blade serves as a bayonet. Additionally, the weapon now becomes two-handed. The moveset of the transformed Rifle Spear possesses less melee range than the untransformed version and the moves are typically slower. However, the weapon becomes vastly more powerful, especially as the charged attack performs a charging thrust that deals more damage than its untransformed counterpart. Additionally, the Rifle Spear, while transformed, gains access to a plethora of moves outside of basic thrusts, unlike its untransformed counterpart.
The firearm aspect of the Rifle Spear is also effective, as it behaves similarly to the Hunter Blunderbuss with the ability to parry. This means that one can use the weapon to down an enemy, thus allowing them to use a Visceral Attack.
The transformation attacks of the Rifle Spear are also rather versatile. From untransformed-to-transformed, the Rifle Spear's attack consists of an automatic shot that expends one Quicksilver Bullet. This can be used to easily down an enemy, allowing a Visceral Attack. Alternatively, from transformed-to-untransformed, the attack consists of a large swipe that can hit almost every enemy within a 180º cone in front of the player.
- The Rifle Spear is one of only 3 weapons that transform into firearms. The other two are the Reiterpallasch and Simon's Bowblade.
- Unfortunately, this weapon can neither be buffed through the use of Bolt/Fire Papers, and not when transformed into a rifle with Bone Marrow Ash.
- It is mentioned in the description that the Powder Kegs based their design from an old lost weapon which belonged to Cainhurst. This weapon is likely the Reiterpallasch. What further supports this theory is the animation and sound effects used for the animation of both weapons, as they are identical.
- The Rifle Spear's design could be based on the Fire Lance.