|Shaman Bone Blade|
|Max No. Held||3|
|QS Bullet Use||-|
| Sold by the Messengers.|
Dropped by Brainsuckers.
- Can drop from Brainsuckers (uncommon).
- 6 are found in the Nightmare of Mensis, at the end of the room with the giant spider.
- Purchased from the Bath Messengers in the Hunter's Dream for 1 Insight.
Using this item will make your character briefly stop, and then quickly strike with the dagger. Even if the player hits nothing with the item, it will still break as if you had hit something. Because of this, players should be careful to hit their mark, so that they don’t lose more than necessary. It is possible to hit multiple enemies with it.
The Shaman Bone Blade will disorient enemies, causing them to become aggressive towards all other enemies. This, in turn, makes all other enemies attack that one particular enemy.
It is important to note that enemies will still be hostile towards the player, though they will prioritize the betrayer. Also, players should keep in mind that the effect only lasts a mere 15 seconds.
- The Shaman Bone Blade does not turn everyone hostile to its victim. It instead turns its victim hostile towards everything else. All other foes then notice this sudden change of behavior and immediately attack it.
- If the Shaman Bone Blade is used on an Adversary, the Adversary will be unaffected and enemies will not become hostile towards him/her. Instead, players should find a powerful enemy and use the Bone Blade on it. This tactic will leave that enemy hostile to everything, including the Adversary that has invaded your world.
- The Shaman Bone Blade may be used against multiple-enemy bosses (Forgotten Madman, Shadow of Yharnam, Celestial Emissary). This is because of the fact that these bosses are considered "glorified" enemies, meaning their AI will still react as they would outside the boss room.
- In terms of purpose, turning enemies against one another, it is very similar to the Pyromancy Undead Rapport in Dark Souls 1 and 3.