|Locations|| Nightmare Frontier,|
Nightmare of Mensis,
Silverbeasts are one of the most horrible foes a hunter could encounter, because from a distance they may look just like a werewolf beast but up close they shows deformed lanky bodies, scarcely covered by a mane of shaggy silver fur, a ribcage that grows outside the chest and bloodred wrinkled skin. What really marks them as something different from simple Beasts is the head: it juts crooked to the left, giving the impression of being split vertically by a mouth that is little more than a slasher smile with rows of canine teeth; their eyes are staring, wide and empty, completing a visage that express only demented bloodlust.
The alien appearance of the Beasts is not cosmetical, as their scrawny frames hide an incredible physical resistence and a set of disturbing abilities: they can walk on their hind legs and use their torch as a bludgeon or as an impromptu flamethrower (this means that their bile is flammable), but when wounded to 50% of their health they will switch strategy: crawling rapidly on all four, they will slash the enemy with extremely long claws concealed in each forearm and spew bile that deals Arcane damage; closing the distance with them is equally dangerous, since they can electrocute the enemies with an AoE electrical blast similar to that of a Darkbeast (using every kind of Bolt damage against them will speed up the charging) or simbly grab and bite them savagely.
Even after being vanquished these monsters are dangerous because, unless eliminated with an instance of fire damage, large worms (their internal parasites) will burst out of them.
They have tremendous physical resistance, therefore using a Fire infused weapon is the ideal strategy (preferably if said weapon also deals Serration damage) since it heavily hurts them and prevents their parasites from emerging. Lightning weapons are way less useful, plus they are risky since they will haste the release of their lightning nova.
- They drop Fire, Bolt and Physical Waning Blood Gems.
- In the Nightmare Frontier, the player can easily back stab them if they walk quietly.
- Continuously attacking them will charge up their bolt burst, which can heavily damage the player.
- It is implied that they are the result of hunters mutated into Beast not by simple blood infusion but by arcane knowledge: aside from being weak to Fire but having no qualms to use Fire itself as a weapon, their vomit inflicts Arcane damage like the bile of a Fluorescent Flower and their warped ribcage reminds all too much that of the Moon Presence.
- The Chalice Material named Bastard of Loran appears to be an early stage of a growing Silverbeast: it is a "Loran infant infected by the scourge", and it shows indeed both a crooked head and a hand with multiple claws.
- The Silverbeasts bare a slight resemblance to The Gugs from H.P Lovecraft's Dream Cycle: Gugs have a vertical mouth with two mandibles and Silverbeasts has a crooked head which resembles a vertical mouth.