Snail Women, are, as the name describes, women that resemble slugs and that are often found inside large shells.
They usually blend into the environment, surrounded by empty shells and will attack players that get too close. They deal moderate damage but attack in groups and can box players in if they aren't careful.
There is also a variant that lacks a shell, and is much more aggressive, fast and dangerous.
- Hunter's Nightmare, one will fall out of the sky, down the rafters near Nightmare Church Lamp
- Lighthouse Hut, in the caves.
Though they are easy to hit, players should note that the shell blocks damage, as such, players need to position directly in front of these Snail Women to hit reliably. Beware though, as they count as immovable objects and if they move in the correct way, players might be boxed in and killed without having a means to escape.
These ones are incredibly dangerous, in contrast to their other version. They can move quite quickly and throw themselves at players with high jumps and dropping down to deal tremendous damage, they tend to do this very often and especially if players try to back away. What makes this even more difficult to deal with is they attack in groups, therefore, players must aggressive, yet calculate the risks well.
- They can drop Poorman's Blood Gem and Fool's Blood Gems.
- The one Snail Woman that falls from the sky in the Hunter's Nightmare is an allusion to how this nightmare plane works.
- The shells of the Snail Women resemble those of an "Ammonide". Ammonides are pre-historic molluscs.
- It is unclear whether the shells they house are their own, or if it belongs to something else and they simply take them.