| Yahar'gul, Unseen Village corpse.|
Sold by the Bath Messengers for 26,000 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Spark Hunter Badge.
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Transform|| Morning Star,|
7 sec. Bolt charge
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Radial, Waning)|
|Notes||Strong against Kin.|
- Hypogean Gaol:
- At the end of the road after going left out the main hall near the lamp.
- Available from the Bath Messengers for 26,000 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Spark Hunter Badge.
Tonitrus is a mace and has a moveset that deals only blunt damage with a small innate amount of Bolt damage as well. However, the weapon lacks any sort of transformation or change in moveset.
Instead, transforming the Tonitrus charges it with electricity for about 7 seconds, adding Bolt ATK. In other words, the transformation of this weapon is a temporary Bolt Paper.
However, this buff is quite interesting as it is NOT a flat damage boost as other buffs.
This buff, instead, adds a static 40 Bolt damage, then adds a 0.40 Arcane scaling, and finally multiplies all Bolt damage by a whopping 70%.
The weapon, however, finds balance in its scaling. It has decent scaling in Strength and bad Arcane scaling, however, it is versatile in the sense that players with high Strength can still get decent damage out of it, especially if they find themselves not having time to buff the weapon, whereas having high Arcane turns it into an extremely high Bolt damage weapon.
- Bolt Paper or Fire Paper cannot be applied to the Tonitrus.
- Buffing the weapon adds 40 Bolt Damage, 0.40 Arcane scaling, and then multiplies the overall Bolt damage by 1.7 (70%).
- Quite effective against the Kin.
- It is recommended to use Nourishing Gems on this weapons in order to raise both damage sources. However, if players have a clear preference on Arcane investment, then going for pure Bolt Damp Gems is the best (players can farm very high radial Bolt damage gems from the Fishing Hamlet Priest, the ones who carry large staves and rain down thunder).
- The Tonitrus appears to be based around a tesla coil.
- It is referred to as a "morning star flail" in its description. However, these statements are false, as the Tonitrus is clearly a mace. A "morning star" is a spiked mace, whereas a "flail" is a mace but with chain separating the head and the shaft.
- Due to this being a weapon produced by the Healing Church weapon, the strange wording could perhaps be in reference to the morning stars used by clerics in the Dark Souls series, this possibility might hold some truth as clerics were also associated with lightning damage, or in this universe, Bolt damage.
- It does indeed produce the same "blue sparks" as the Darkbeast.