|Yahar'gul, Unseen Village corpse|
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Transform|| Morning Star,|
7 sec. Bolt charge
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Radial, Waning)|
|Notes||Strong against the Kin|
- Hypogean Gaol, at the end of the road after going left out the main hall near the lamp.
- available from the Bath Messengers for 26000 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Spark Hunter Badge.
The Tonitrus is, quite simply, one of the most straightforward weapons in Bloodborne.
It is a mace and has a moveset that deals only blunt damage with a small innate amount of Bolt damage as well, however, the weapon lacks any sort of transformation or change in moveset.
Instead, transforming the Tonitrus charges it with electricity for about 7 seconds, adding Bolt ATK. In other words, the transformation of this weapon is a temporary Bolt Paper.
However, this buff is quite interesting as it is NOT a flat damage boost as other buffs.
This buff, instead, adds a static 40 Bolt damage, then adds a 0.40 Arcane scaling, and finally multiplies all Bolt damage by a whopping 70%.
The weapon, however finds balance in its scaling. It has decent scaling in Strength and bad Arcane scaling, however it is versatile in the sense that players with high Strength can still get decent damage out of it, especially if they find themselves not having time to buff the weapon, whereas having high Arcane turns it into an extremely high Bolt damage weapon.
- Bolt Paper or Fire Paper cannot be applied to the Tonitrus.
- Buffing the weapon adds 40 Bolt Damage, 0.40 Arcane scaling, and then multiplies the overall Bolt damage by 1.7 (70%).
- Quite effective against the Kin.
- It is reccomended to use Nourishing Gems on this weapons in order to raise both damage sources. However, if players have a clear preference on Arcane investment, then going for pure Bolt Damp Gems is the best (players can farm very high radial Bolt damage gems from the Fishing Hamlet Priest, the ones who carry large staves and rain down thunder).
- Appears to be based around a tesla coil.
- It is referred to as a "morning star flail" in its description, however, these statements are false, the Tonitrus is clearly a mace. A "morning star" is a spiked mace, whereas a "flail" is a mace but with chain separating the head and the shaft.
- It does indeed produce the same "blue sparks" as the Darkbeast.