|Locations|| Chalice Dungeons|
|Drops|| Hintertomb Root Chalice|
Adept Blood Gemstone (2)
Adept Blood Gemstone (3)
The face of this miserable being reveals similarities with both Church Giants and Church Servants, suggesting that all these towering creatures belong to the same unholy kind. Its face is the only clue about this connection because the rest of its body is twisted and rotten beyond recognition due to the crude surgery that grafted blades and firearms to its arms.
The Undead Giant is a massive humanoid being that has weapons for hands. It has a large, fleshy lumps on specific parts of its body that, when attacked, will burst, causing massive damage to the giant. This may also stagger it for a short time, allowing for attacks on its head and a possible Visceral Attack.
There are four variations of this boss:
- Dual Blade: This version has two large blades for hands.
- Flaming Dual Blade: This version has two large, flaming blades for hands. It is the rarest variant and appears only in an Oil Swamp. Its attack can ignite the oil around, dealing area damage.
- Axe and Cannon: A second version has an axe attached to its right arm, and a cannon for the left. It is present in Chalice Dungeons as both a boss and enemy that players can find while exploring. Beware its cannon as it can frequently one-shot players.
- Chain Giant: The last version has a club attached to its right arm, and a sword for the left. The large, fleshy lump is around the backside of its right leg, making it difficult to get to. It also has chains attached to its head, these will be stuck at the beginning of the fight, but once unstuck, they will make for a deadly weapon as the giant will flail them while attacking regularly.
Use caution and quick or well timed strikes.
If enough damage is dealt to a leg, he will kneel down, allowing the chance to use a Visceral Attack, but he never flinches from gunfire.
One possible tactic is to stay at a distance and bait the giant's jumping attack, which has a slow recovery animation.
With the addition of The Old Hunters DLC, players now have a ranged alternative approach to fighting this boss. The Bowblade provides a means of attacking comfortably from a distance while still retaining a good damage output.
- They are weak to Fire and Bolt damage.
- They have giant tumors that can be burst for massive damage.
- They some times appear as roaming mob.
- These Giants appear to the same as the Church Giants, thus implying that the Healing Church found and enslaved Giants from the Hintertombs. This also makes sense as the naked unarmed Giants can be found in what appears to be a very close to the surface portion of the Hintertombs on the path that leads to Iosefka's Clinic's shortcut, from the Forbidden Woods.
- The flaming blade giant was first since on a video during Miyazaki presentation at the PlayStation Experience in December 2014. It has not been since by the players for 3 years and was presumed to be cut content. However, on November 2017, a group of Tomb Prospectors managed to find this rare enemy. Others can encounter this rare enemy by using the Glyph “pa6ssc6u.”