|Appears In||Bloodborne (Patch 1.07)|
|Voiced By||Jason Pitt|
Valtr is an intriguing character as he is the dedicated leader of the organization known as The League. This group focuses mainly on searching and crushing the filthy Vermin that are found inside many beings, be them human or monster.
Truly, what stands out about Valtr is his unwavering hatred and borderline viciously threatening and maniacal tone when speaking about his dedication to crushing Vermin. Regardless this feeling is not focused on players, as he is always amicable towards his fellow Confederates.
From the way he stands with his cane, which is a League Staff, one would assume he is a cripple, but this is not the case.
Once he was one of the foreign constables that chased a beast all the way to Yharnam. The constables then became victims of the beast. The only survivor was Valtr, who in turn devoured the beast whole in vengeance for his former comrades thus gaining the name Valtr, beast eater.
- Forbidden Woods, within the windmill near the lamp.
Valtr's questline is quite straightforward, all that is needed is to acquire and crush Vermin to progress it.
- After crushing one Vermin, Valtr wil give the player's the "League Oath" gesture, and the League Staff.
- After crushing a total of five Vermin however, Valtr will disappear permanently and leave the players the Master's Iron Helm as a gift, thus making the Hunter the true master of the League.
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- Valtr wasn't always present in the game and was added in Patch 1.07.
- Killing him does not drop the Master's Iron Helm, but instead a variant called One-Eyed Iron Helm, which is identical stat-wise, but has a different description.
- He can be summoned to the fight with Ludwig and Laurence.
- When aiding the player, he will use the Whirligig Saw, and heal himself often.
- He dons the Constable Set, which is found spread throughout the Hunter's Nightmare.
- He can be beckoned to fight Ludwig and Laurence.
- Much like Eileen the Crow, Valtr is losing the ability to carry out his duty. As such, when the player shows themselves worthy, they inherit these character's duties.
- The Master's Iron Helm mentions that Valtr has long ago lost the ability to see vermin, making him almost completely useless to The League. This might explain why he pass the leadership to one who deems worthy.
- Due to the fact that Valtr is a male character that offers you to join a covenant in which you assist other players in their respective worlds, and that he has helmet that resembles the shape of a bucket, it is more than likely that Valtr is, in fact, a reference to "Solaire of Astora" from the original Dark Souls.
- An interesting bit of information that seems to corroborate this is the vermin which are received at the end of co-op, they resemble the Sunlight Maggots that corrupted and drove Solaire mad, especially this small text that comes from its description: "Perhaps there is some mercy in the madness."
- Valtr is voiced by Jason Pitt, the man who voiced the Head of Vengarl from Dark Souls 2.