|Locations|| Cathedral Ward,|
Healing Church Workshop,
Hemwick Charnel Lane,
Forsaken Cainhurst Castle,
Yahar'gul, Unseen Village,
Upper Cathedral Ward,
Nightmare of Mensis,
|Drops|| Blood Stone Shard,|
Twin Blood Stone Shards,
Blood Stone Chunk,
Blood Gem (only in chalice dungeons)
Wandering Nightmares are pitiful creatures, which appear to resemble an amalgamation of rotten corpses that have become animated.
Though they are cowardly in nature and will flee from players as they approach, they will often get said players killed as there are often traps, ambushes, or looming, wandering enemies in the area that will result in players dropping their guard from greed, as these beings will drop guaranteed upgrade materials upon death, usually quite rare ones at that. Failing to reach them in time will cause them to disappear, seemingly into the ground below.
These creatures are unique in that they do not respawn after death.
- Cathedral Ward
- Old Yharnam
- Healing Church Workshop
- Hemwick Charnel Lane
- Hypogean Gaol
- Forbidden Woods
- Forsaken Cainhurst Castle
- Nightmare Frontier
- Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
- Upper Cathedral Ward
- Nightmare of Mensis
- Chalice Dungeons
Most of the time, players will stumble upon these creatures in surprise, though they can be spotted through their constant jittering and purple gas that they exude. They also make a strange, yet distinctive sound.
There is no real strategy to fight them with exception of taking the following precautions:
- take note of the environment and what surrounds you, keeping an eye on potential threats.
- equip a weapon that deals non-physical damage, though Fire and Blood are the most common.
- quickly slaughter it while keeping an eye on any danger factor.
- They are extremely weak to most sources of elemental damage.
- They drop either Upgrade Materials or Blood Gems.
- Wandering Nightmares are the spiritual successors of the Crystal Lizards from the "Souls" series.