|Cathedral Ward, on a corpse just outside the first gate from Oedon Chapel.|
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Left Hand Weapons|
- Found on a corpse near the gate in between Oedon Chapel and the Grand Cathedral, in the Cathedral Ward.
The Wooden Shield is used to defend the player and, though it does actually offer a decent amount of protection from physical forms of attacks, it makes players lose stamina at an incredibly fast rate with a single hit from one attack.
Players who wish to make a viable use of the Wooden Shield are going to require very high base Endurance.
- If players wish to use shields, then try the Loch Shield as it blocks better than the Wooden Shield and it also Arcane damage rather well, making it truly useful against bosses that use ranged Arcane attacks and players in PVP who use Hunter Tools.
- The Wooden Shield appears to have been improvised from components found indoors, if not by a single old door. This is evident by the rusty metal that is nailed and screwed to the planks of wood. Even the handle of the shield appears to be a door handle.
- This design is likely inspired by the Plank Shield from Dark Souls 1 and 3.
- Masaaki Yamigawa, the producer at SCE Japan Studio, has stated that "There are shields in the game. However, if you're always standing back and guarding, you'll die very quickly. So you have to incorporate it into your strategy of how you play and fight." This implies that they do not serve as sufficient protection, compared to the shields found in Demon's Souls, and players will not be able to wait and hide behind them.
- This is essentially a joke item.